DOMANDA Windows Server has too much ram allocated to hardware

Pasquale Guglielmo

Nuovo Utente
Hi all, in these days I upgraded the RAM to a Windows server. It started to 64 GB and with the upgrade of 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) sticks I allowed the server to have more RAM. But unluckly for me, the whole addition went to be "allocated to hardware".

I'll be more specific here:
The MBU's server has 16 stick of RAM, 4 of them were already fullfied giving the 64 GB of RAM.
The RAM slots are (all) RDIMM DDR4 3200Mhz (which are not fully used and limited to 2666Mhz due to processor limitations).
The previuos 4 slots were also RDIMM with same caratteristics, only difference is the home producer (Samsung, Crucial, ...)

I can see through applications like "System Information", "Task Manager", "Resource Manager" that it has installed 96GB (correct), and these 32.5 GB dedicated to hardware. Via System Informations I can see that it has ~73GB virtually allocated.

I dont know, I tried many solutions, searching though web, youtube and more. Touchign the msconfig, the maximum memory to use (automatically reading the whole ram) or the advanced settings of Windows... but nothing worked... so what I can do?

Kelion

Quid est veritas? Est vir qui adest
Utente Èlite
CPU
5600X
Dissipatore
Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
Scheda Madre
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
HDD
1 SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe Samsung 970 Evo plus 4 HDD P300 3TB ciascuno
RAM
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz
GPU
RTX 3060 Ti
Monitor
AOC 24G2U 144 Hz
PSU
EVGA G2 750W
Case
NZXT H510
Periferiche
Varie
Net
FTTC 100/30
OS
Windows 10, Debian 10
Hi. Please specs of the system and the version of windows server.
P.S. Sei su un forum italiano potresti anche evitare l'inglese.

Pasquale Guglielmo

Nuovo Utente
Hi. Please specs of the system and the version of windows server.
P.S. Sei su un forum italiano potresti anche evitare l'inglese.
Allego delle catture che ritraono le maggiorni informazioni richieste e specifiche. Il SO in uso è Windows Server 2022 Standard (licenza attivata), x64.
Come detto, ripilogo di aver provato a cambiare il valore di un registro che cancellava i file di pagin al riavvio. Ho provato a impostare la memoria massima da msconfig, e invano a ritogliere il flag. Molte di queste soluzioni trovate navigando sul web. Ad eccezione di msconfig, che ha risolto un problema analogo su una wokrstation si un differente computer.

Inoltre, tale server ospita una macchia virtuale con 50 Gb di ram virtuali inseriti. Motivo per il quale ho dovuto fare questo itnervento (non sono stato io a configurare il server, infatti non capisco chi potesse essere così sprovveduto da auspicarsi che il server ospitante funzionasse a regola d'arte in ottica di prestazioni. Cosa che infatti non è mai avvenuta, tale procedeva sempre a rilento e limitava notevolmente la amcchina virtuale (su Hyper-V) ospitata.

Ringrazio per la risposta, e attendo maggiori dettagli sulla problematica in analisi.

Allegati

• Cattura1.PNG
    Cattura1.PNG
    119.1 KB · Visualizzazioni: 8
  • Cattura2.PNG
    Cattura2.PNG
    34.5 KB · Visualizzazioni: 7
  • Cattura3.PNG
    Cattura3.PNG
    224.4 KB · Visualizzazioni: 6
  • Cattura4.PNG
    Cattura4.PNG