PROBLEMA Gtx 1080 Ti Fe - temp target not function

sew333

Nuovo Utente
Bienvenue.

Ma carte Gtx 1080 TI FE stock.

Sometimes temp limit stops working on my card,fan goes from 49% to 60% on auto, and temps goes as high 85-86C and there is not thrm throttling on clocks. Any ideas? Card is 1080 TI FE stock,no oc. No OC programs installed. Rebooting pc cure this. When i reboot pc 83-84C max ,clocks throttle and fan max 49%.

Ist das normal?

I tried on 378.92 and 382 drivers and on newest.

Card sometimes goes above temp limit which is 84C. Go to 85-86C and when i looking to GPUZ its showing PWR LIMIT ,not THRM LIMIT.
I must restart pc to make again 83-84C max
Rebooting pc cure this. When i reboot pc 83-84C max again ,clocks throttle and fan max 49%.

Temperature suddenly goes past 84°C to 85-86C and the fanspeed goes up.

Gpuz shows Pwr Limit,instead of thermal limit.

I dont know why the card does it but it seems that it is ignoring the temperature limit all the sudden and using the powerlimit instead.

Can somebody explain me this? PLEASE . Is this normal or not? I am from England, sorry for using English .

D

deleted_271768

Ospite
Hi sew and welcome, if you're from England why don't you write on Tom's Hardware UK?
Anyway, GPU-Z's sensors doesn't show the thermal limit, you can check and eventually edit that value with MSi Afterburner, the pwr limit is a value completely different from the thermal limit:
- The thermal limit is the maximum temperature reachable from the card, overcoming that value the card starts to throttle reducing the frequencies
- The power limit is the maximum power absorbable from the card, in fact this value is always increased under overclock for giving more power to the card from the PSU so it can reach higher frequencies.
But also, reaching temps over 80°C isn't very good for your card - speed up the fan of your card customizing the fan curve on MSi Afterburner, setting the fan at 100% speed when the card reaches 80°C.

• Mi piace
Reazioni: barnaky182

sew333

Nuovo Utente
My card normally reaching 83-84C temps , fan 49% auto and clocks are throttle showing THRM limit on gpuz. But sometimes temps go above temp target ( default is 84C ) to 85-86C and there is not throttling. GPUZ showing PWR LIMIT instead of THRM LIMIT. This is problem.

D

deleted_271768

Ospite
My card normally reaching 83-84C temps , fan 49% auto and clocks are throttle showing THRM limit on gpuz. But sometimes temps go above temp target ( default is 84C ) to 85-86C and there is not throttling. GPUZ showing PWR LIMIT instead of THRM LIMIT. This is problem.
Try to edit the thermal limit on MSi Afterburner

• Mi piace
Reazioni: EasyMan QV

fakerone

UTENTE LEGGENDARIO
Utente Èlite
CPU
i7 6700k
Dissipatore
Full custom!
Scheda Madre
gigabyte z170x g1
HDD
240gb ssd kingston (sigh)1tb hdd segate con migliaia di ore alle spalle (38k)
RAM
16 gb ram ddr4
GPU
gtx 980ti xtreme by gigabyte
Audio
creative Sound Blaster ZxRi
Monitor
lg 34um95-p
PSU
Be quiet! Pure power 10 600w
Case
Phanteks enthoo pro m acrylic window
Periferiche
Troppe!
OS
windows 10
You have a REFERENCE right? W/ a blower fan. So, 80 degrees aren't that strange. However, try install MSI afterburner, and create a custom fan curve, like 80% of the fan at 80°, 60% at 70, etc. You can also max out the rpm if the sound isnt a problem.
That Said, i still think that 80 degrees for a stock 1080ti aren't that strange( at stock rpm Speeds, that are known to be way lower than the max it can push). Try stay around 70/75 degrees during gaming and you will be ready 2 rock.
Or just increase temp limit on afterburner.. But I suggest the increase of rpm

Ultima modifica:
  • Mi piace

fakerone

UTENTE LEGGENDARIO
Utente Èlite
CPU
i7 6700k
Dissipatore
Full custom!
Scheda Madre
gigabyte z170x g1
HDD
RAM
16 gb ram ddr4
GPU
Audio
Monitor
lg 34um95-p
PSU
Case
Periferiche
Troppe!
OS
windows 10
Wait
You are getting those themps at full load right?

• Mi piace

sew333

Nuovo Utente
I am getting on load ( games ) 83-84C max , fan auto 49% and clocks throttling ,gpuz showing THRM limit.
But sometimes ( from time to time ) temps go above temp target ( default is 84 C) to 85-86C and there is not throttling. Gpuz showing PWR limit instead of THRM limit.

I am not using Afterburner or Evga Precision. No programs installed.

fakerone

UTENTE LEGGENDARIO
Utente Èlite
CPU
i7 6700k
Dissipatore
Full custom!
Scheda Madre
gigabyte z170x g1
HDD
RAM
16 gb ram ddr4
GPU
Audio
Monitor
lg 34um95-p
PSU
Case
Periferiche
Troppe!
OS
windows 10
Well, you just have to install afterburner and set it as you like! Increase fan curve or temp limit. Are you sure that at 84 it altready start throttling?

sew333

Nuovo Utente
Yes i am sure on 85-86C temps , sometimes there is not throttling on clocks. GPUZ showing PWR LIMIT ( green ) instead of THRM LIMIT ( pink ) .

Entra

oppure Accedi utilizzando
Discord Ufficiale Entra ora!